The Wayfarer's Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, travelers, to your refuge. Here you may assume a new role in a world far from this one, yet closer than you think. So sit down to rest your weary feet, and prepare to write a new story in a world all your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Area and Territory Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Area and Territory Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Any ideas you have for new areas and territories will go here, so we can discuss and maybe add them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:31 pm

I think we should add a small autonomous city state that the sage council rules from. I am modeling this idea off of Warcraft's city of Dalaran which was a city state run solely by the ruling class of mages and did not owe fealty to any country. My preference for the city state would be to do something exotic like a floating city, but if that wouldn't work I think it might be smart to put it in some mountains to make it difficult to approach with none magical troops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Undergroud perhaps? Maybe a secret network of tunnels from each city leading to the underground city.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Perhaps getting to it is a test of becoming a sage. Sages can teleport to other places, but not unless they have been there before. There might be a system of tricks and traps which only someone with magical ability can maneuver. An underground labarynth or dungeon seems like it would suit that particular purpose very well. And of course once they have passed the test, they would not have to undertake it again since they could simply teleport back and forth.

It's just an idea though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:42 pm

I thought only spiritual mages were capable of shifting their own body, you said for the physical mage that they can teleport objects instead of people.

Also to possibly test the strength of will, which is incredibly important in a mage, there should be somekind of fear generating enchantment. I am drawing this from Dragon Lance the book series which was spawned from Dungeons and Dragons advanced. If they can make it past the magical test, which I would think should be different for each one, and the fear they feel then they should be made a full fledged member of the society. By doing this they should gain protection and if a kingdom were to violate that the protection it would cause the council of sages to engage in a war of subtle and not so subtle means against said kingdom. Just throwing it out there.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:06 am

Very good observation. Glad someone was paying attention. Smile

I was going to work out something to fix that, perhaps some sort of talisman that marks the bearer as a member of the council, which they could then use to teleport into and out of the place.

About an enchantment that brings out the fear of the magician, I think it is an excellent idea. This will make a very interesting project to work on, and I can think of at least one character who would be likely to undergo the trial at some point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:45 pm

I was reading through the cities and I couldn't find any coastal or port cities, if there aren't any (please tell me if there are) then we should make some.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:38 am

I was just about to make some. Don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Requiem_of_Scourge
Admin
Requiem_of_Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:36 am

Areas are looking good, looking spiffy.
Back to top Go down
https://thewayfarersrefuge.rpg-board.net
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:32 am

Thank you. I'm glad you approve. Smile

VariableX, I haven't forgotten your suggestion. I'm just considering how to incorporate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:40 pm

I could send you an idea outline for the sage council's citadel if you would like? I was thinking kind of an underground entrance to an extradimensional city of arcane study or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Send one of us your idea so we can talk it over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Area and Territory Ideas   Area and Territory Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Area and Territory Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wayfarer's Refuge :: Info Courtyard :: Idea Cauldron-
Jump to: