The Wayfarer's Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, travelers, to your refuge. Here you may assume a new role in a world far from this one, yet closer than you think. So sit down to rest your weary feet, and prepare to write a new story in a world all your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Money and Items

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:41 pm

I was wondering what the money value we will be using is. As in, what will it be called and what will we use to represent it. 200yn 300$ 5kr ? And will money be the same in every country we add? for simplicity sake.

And also, I'm going to make a list of all items you can buy in the RP (Which will be updated over time), and base prices of them. If you feel the need to make sure somthing is included, post it here. Magic-casting items etc.
Back to top Go down
Requiem_of_Scourge
Admin
Requiem_of_Scourge

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:42 pm

We were going to use gold pieces.
Back to top Go down
https://thewayfarersrefuge.rpg-board.net

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:43 pm

So gp? Like runescape? =D
Back to top Go down
Requiem_of_Scourge
Admin
Requiem_of_Scourge

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:45 pm

That's what I presumed when I talked to Solace about it. She said gold pieces would be easy to calculate.
Back to top Go down
https://thewayfarersrefuge.rpg-board.net
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Gold is usually the standard. I was considering silver just to be out of the ordinary, or maybe even both, but both would be difficult to keep track of since they would be different values. I'm not going to try to be historically accurate about value, though. That would be just too much work.

As soon as I'm done with the magic - I'm going to post it up right after this - I'll start work on an item list. Any help or suggestions on this would be great.
Back to top Go down

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 pm

Oh, I thought I was gonna make the list...
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Let's make it together, then. We'll each make lists and then compare notes. I've just started on my own list.

We should not make values definate, just an average. That way we can allow for haggling in the shops.

Should we make shopkeepers mod-controlled NPCs, or should they all be characters? I was thinking if someone wanted to do a character that ran a shop, they could, but we could also have 'standard' NPC shopkeepers that we as mods would take turns playing.

Player-owned shops could be interesting as a way to trade goods and money. We would need to think of a system though for players creating items. Maybe even a level system for items, which would determine how much effort it would require for a character to make an item. That way no one could just "print money" by making a post that says they made 100 magical scimitars or whatever and then selling them.
Back to top Go down

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 pm

I'l focus on weapons and armor.
Back to top Go down

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Here is it so far without prices. Tell me what a... dagger would cost and then I'l base the rest off that.

Daggers and Knives

Stiletto
Cinquedea
Katar
Machete
Poignard

Swords

Broadsword
Claymore
Falchion
Longsword
Sabre
Rapier
Scimitar
Shortsword

Blunt Weapons

Club
Mace
Flail
Morning Star
War Hammer
Maul

Long weapons

Halberd
Lance
Swordstaff
Pitchfork
Spear
Two-handed Axe
Pike

Ranged

Bow
Longbow
Crossbow
Arbalest
Throwing axe
Throwing Knives
Javelin

Armour Types

Leather
Chainmail
Platemail

Armour Parts

Spoiler:

Helmet
Gorget
Pauldron
Vambrace
Breastplate
Cowter
Gauntlet
Tasset
Cuisse
Poleyn
Greaves
Sabaton
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:02 am

Looks great.

I'm working on clothing right now.

Food
Cloth
Wood
Metal
Magic

Are the categories I'm looking at. If you think of other item categories let me know.

Edit: And I'm thinking a standard knife or dagger would run around 15-20 coins just as a base.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:51 am

Clothing List
Cloth, Wool, Fur, Silk, Leather, Scale

Head

Cloth Hat - 4 gold
Fur Hat - 7 gold
Leather Hat - 11 gold
Wool Hood - 18 gold
Silk Hood - 29 gold
Scale Helm - 47 gold

Body

Cloth Tunic - 5 gold
Cloth Cape - 6 gold
Wool Tunic - 9 gold
Wool Cape - 11 gold
Fur Vest - 16 gold
Fur Cape - 20 gold
Silk Shirt - 28 gold
Silk Cape - 36 gold
Leather Armor - 50 gold
Leather Bodice - 50 gold
Scale Armor - 100 gold
Scale Bodice - 100 gold
Cloth Cloak/Surcoat - 20 gold
Cloth Dress - 25 gold
Wool Cloak/Surcoat - 27 gold
Wool Dress - 32 gold
Silk Cloak/Surcoat - 84 gold
Silk Dress - 89 gold

Arms

Cloth Sleeves - 3 gold
Silk Sleeves - 14 gold
Wool Cuffs - 9 gold
Fur Cuffs - 8 gold
Leather Vambraces - 25 gold
Scale Vambraces - 50 gold

Hands

Cloth Gloves - 4 gold
Wool Gloves - 12 gold
Fur Gloves - 11 gold
Silk Gloves - 19 gold
Leather Gloves - 20 gold
Scale Gauntlet - 44 gold

Legs

Cloth Skirt - 5 gold
Cloth Leggings - 6 gold
Wool Skirt - 9 gold
Wool Leggings - 11 gold
Silk Skirt - 32 gold
Silk Pants - 35 gold
Leather Skirt - 50 gold
Leather Chaps - 50 gold
Scale Cuisse - 100 gold
Scale Tasset - 100 gold

Feet

Cloth Shoes - 5 gold
Silk Shoes - 24 gold
Wool Boots - 15 gold
Fur Boots - 14 gold
Leather Boots - 30 gold
Scale Sabbatons - 50 gold

Last edited by Reverie_of_Solace on Wed May 05, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:17 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Just out of curiousity if we have a character that is a weaponsmith are they restricted to only creating the weapons on this list? And will we be addressing enchanters and weapons with magical properties?
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes, but the lists can be added to of course.

And yes, a weapon or item could be enchanted, but that would depend upon the skill of the mage doing the enchanting. We wouldn't want to get into too much detail here. These are just basic types and when we add the cost they would be average as well. If the weaponsmith obtains a magic sword for instance, they could sell it for however much they liked, but of course someone would have to be willing and able to pay that price.

One thing though. Unless your weaponsmith also happens to be a magician, unlikely given the normal physical drain on magicians, they would have to find and pay someone to do the enchanting. Like real life, it's all about connections.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:32 pm

These lists are good enough to start with. One reason is that we don't want to make things too complicated. Another is that we don't want to put limits on items that are too constrictive. Food doesn't matter all that much as far as types and prices go, for instance. If you have an idea for an item you want to make or use, just bring it up here and we can talk it over. The third reason is that we need to get things moving again so that we can have the game up and running soon.
Back to top Go down

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Got you, and I will put my characters up as soon as I get through finals.

I had a question regarding money, are there specific ways that we have to earn it? Or is that going to be more free flowing and dependent on where the roleplay goes?
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:53 pm

There will be several ways to earn money, depending on your characters' talents. If they have a trade they can make items and sell them, or gather raw materials and sell them. Fighter-type characters will be able to complete quests for money and might also recieve money for services to their lords or whoever hires them. Your characters could also gain sellable items by fighting monsters (These will be npcs played by a moderator.)

But like you said, most of it will be dependant on other players. And remember that prices are not fixed. They can be haggled. Items can also be traded for services as well. Just think creatively and you'll be able to earn money fairly easily.
Back to top Go down

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Excellent, that is good to hear. Second question say my character sells weaponry only occasionally does he need to have a shop established or can he only offer his services to specific clientelle that are required to visit his house to see his works?
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Either one works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Money and Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money and Items   Money and Items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Money and Items
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wayfarer's Refuge :: Info Courtyard :: Idea Cauldron-
Jump to: