The Wayfarer's Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, travelers, to your refuge. Here you may assume a new role in a world far from this one, yet closer than you think. So sit down to rest your weary feet, and prepare to write a new story in a world all your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Empty
PostSubject: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Something just occurred to me while I was drafting my last post. I would prefer it if we could keep the Roman-Catholic church, or any other brand of Christendom out of things. Not only are their more interesting religions to explore, both IRL and in our little heads. But the world we have so far just wouldn't work under the strangulating hold the Christian church exerted over middle age europe. Well anyway just a thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:18 am

I think we should keep actuall religions out of the role play simply to avoid offending anyone, and we have the creativity to come up with your own
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 am

I agree with that. If you'll notice, my abbess character worships the goddess of the moon that Scourge mentions in the description of Dulcet. In making her I am just using part of the medieval historical structure, not the religion itself.

Any serious religious discussions should be kept to the off-topic section, private messages, instant messenger, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Might I suggest that we establish a couple fictional major religions. I would think that a simple concept for a religion we could use is a worship of the the planet with sub pantheon of elements and patheon lower than that with animalistic dieties, or something along those lines. That way we atleast have some hierarchal structure for dieties so that certain members are accorded respect due to their diety's status.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:14 pm

We are working on a greek-inspired system of gods an goddesses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:22 pm

That sounds sweet, are you thinking of including dieties of a lesser pantheon like Pan and Dionysus (sp?)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Have fun Solace, theres a greek god for everything. And Dionysus wasn't that minor of a god. God of entertainment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Actually Dionysus was the god of god of wine, agriculture, and fertility of nature, and was patron god of the Greek stage. He had quite the following and there are several words that come from his various stories and sects. Such as the word orgy which has to do with his entourage of wild women, and the word ecstasy which comes from one of his various cults.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:59 pm

And dionysus wasn't consider one of the twelve of the greater pantheon, Pan and others also played prominent roles in greek mythology but they were part of the lesser pantheon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:25 am

Darkling wrote:
Actually Dionysus was the god of god of wine, agriculture, and fertility of nature, and was patron god of the Greek stage. He had quite the following and there are several words that come from his various stories and sects. Such as the word orgy which has to do with his entourage of wild women, and the word ecstasy which comes from one of his various cults.

So in short, the god of the red light district.
Back to top Go down
Reverie_of_Solace

Reverie_of_Solace

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Lol.

Ok, we have ten gods and goddesses now, and that will be the limit. I made reference to them in the Calendar topic of the Quill's End. We'll be posting up more info about them soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?   Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion, did you know there's a minimum length for titles?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wayfarer's Refuge :: Info Courtyard :: Idea Cauldron-
Jump to: